No one loves having to spend his hard-earned money on auto repairs—and we don’t blame you! You can find so many other fun ways to use your cash. However, those warning lights on the dashboard aren’t just decorative, and we all need to take them seriously—especially when it comes to your car’s brakes.
Many people avoid the following signs that their brakes are going bad because they fear the price tags attached to new rotors, brake pads, or completely new brakes. Good indicators that your brakes aren’t doing well include:
- You hear loud, screeching noises, especially when applying the brakes.
- Your car makes a grinding noise when you come to a stop or slow down.
- The car begins to shake (whether slightly or intensely) when you bring your car to a complete stop.
- Your brakes suddenly seem noticeably easier or more difficult to apply.
- The car pulls to the right or the left when you brake.
If you notice any of these signs of brake failure or your brake warning light is on, don’t delay in finding an auto repair professional. The brake repair may be minor—or you may be driving on borrowed brake life—and you need an expert who can tell you the difference.
The auto mechanics at Joe’s Service Department of Indianapolis know how to assess and repair brake issues. Our trustworthy crew gives each vehicle the time and attention necessary to make sure your car is in good running order. If you have questions before, during, or after an appointment, our crew will take the time to make sure you understand your car’s needs and what to expect.
If you’re concerned about your brakes, don’t delay any more. Contact Joe’s at 317-405-8456 to schedule a brake consultation.